Caddying at the Osprey Valley Open is a great way to get an 'inside the ropes' experience with some of the world's top up-and-coming players as they compete to take the next step towards the PGA TOUR.
Previous caddie experience is not a requirement for the job, but all potential caddies should have a good understanding of golf etiquette and some golfing experience. They will be paid positions at a minimum of $35 per round.
- Be a minimum of 15 years of age
- Be able to carry a large golf bag for 18 holes per day
- Attend a caddie clinic at Osprey Valley Golf
- Some players will be participating in the Pro-Am events. While it is not mandatory for caddies to attend, please indicate your availability for these events.
Terms & Conditions:
All players in PGA TOUR cosponsored tournaments shall employ caddies for all practice, Pro-Am and tournament rounds, though golf carts may occasionally be authorized by the PGA TOUR’s Tournament Director for practice or Pro-Am rounds.
Caddies shall be paid promptly. The fee is to be resolved early in the week between the player and caddie. The PGA TOUR shall determine who is eligible to be employed as a caddie. Players who wish to bring their own caddies to PGA TOUR cosponsored tournaments may do so. Players shall be responsible for the conduct and behavior of their caddies at tournaments.
The following shall be adhered to in all PGA TOUR cosponsored tournaments:
1. All caddies must complete the caddie registration form each week. The Caddie Chairman and/or Caddie Master will supervise caddies and provide an area for caddies to rest while not on duty.
2. Caddies shall wear smooth rubber-sole shoes preferably tennis or basketball shoes. GOLF SPIKES soft or metal are prohibited.
3. Caddies clothing must conform to the Player Endorsement policy as stated in the PGA TOUR Canada Player Handbook and Tournament Regulations.
4. Caddies may walk unaccompanied on putting greens during practice round days if play is not disrupted. Caddies may not walk on putting greens on any day, at any time, before or after a Pro-Am or official tournament round.
5. Caddies shall not enter the clubhouse unless properly credentialed, except when they are immediate family and accompanied by the player.
6. Caddies are not permitted in the locker room at any time.
7. Caddies shall not be permitted on practice greens except to retrieve pitch and run shots or putts.
8. Caddies shall assist in maintaining the course by REPLACING DIVOTS AND RAKING BUNKERS as soon as practical after their player has played.
9. Caddies shall not hit shots or putts anywhere on the practice areas or course except in specially approved competitions.
10. Caddies shall not falsely register for accommodations or leave unpaid bills.
11. Caddies shall not engage in any conduct which is prohibited for players under the PGA TOUR Anti-Doping Program.
12. Caddies shall not engage in conduct unbecoming a professional caddie on the PGA TOUR as determined in the sole discretion of the PGA TOUR.
13. Caddies must carry their player’s clubs. Pull carts or the like are not permitted. A caddie who does not comply with these Caddie Regulations will be subject to losing the privilege to caddie on the PGA TOUR. Also, for any violation of these Regulations which affect play, a fine will be levied against the player on the caddie.
Once your completed application form has been accepted, you will be notified by either e mail or phone call to report to a mandatory caddie clinic at Osprey Valley. You will be advised of the exact time of the clinic. If you are a returning caddie and have attended in past years, you will not be required to attend.
We will make every effort to find a caddie job for qualified candidates. We anticipate we will need over 75 caddies for the event. You will be assigned to a player following the caddie clinic and as players register on Monday and Tuesday of the tournament week. Some players will have their own caddies, so we do not know in advance exactly how many caddies will be required. In addition, some players will request specific caddies and our first priority will be to respond to these requests. In the event that there are more caddies than positions available, a priority list will be maintained based on the order in which people register.